Hi and welcome!
I love the practical use of technology and opportunities for combining my technical expertise with business, analytical and project management skills.
At home, I’m a husband & geek 🤓 who loves technology 📱, science 🔭, superheroes 🦸♂️ & video games 🎮
At work, I lead project teams that build & run Microsoft Dynamics 365 (CRM) and Power Platform (Power Apps, Power Automate, Power BI) solutions. Getting Things Done® guru and Microsoft fanboy since MS-DOS.
Armed with 20 years+ of experience, I am a results-oriented Senior IT Project Manager with progressive experience in software development & digital transformation projects.
I am a PMI PMP®, PMI ACP®, PRINCE2 & Microsoft Certified Professional. I have a proven record of delivering multi-million Rand projects with engaging team leadership, exceptional organisational skills, unshakable determination, and persistent hard work.
Driven by a strong work ethic and the zeal to achieve goals consistently in an agile hybrid environment, I have excellent interpersonal communication skills and a robust techno-functional background. Noted for my ability to “get things done” quickly, I am adept at delivering quality outputs. I thrive on leading my teams by bringing out their best creativity and demonstrating empathic teamwork and collaborative skills to set the right example.
- IT Project Management
- Service Delivery
- Team Leadership
- Business Operations
- Microsoft Dynamics 365 Customer Engagement (CRM)
- Microsoft Power Platform (Power Apps, Power Automate, Power BI)
- Delivery Lead at Mint Group (Jan 2020 to Present)
- Senior IT Project Manager, Operations Manager, PMO Manager, IT Project Manager and Senior Software Developer at Intervate (Apr 1999 to Dec 2019)
- Software Developer at Web Connection (1998 to Mar 1999)
Recent Professional Experience
Delivery Lead at Mint Group (Jan 2020 to Present, Full-time)
- Managing 11+ client engagements by building solid relationships to understand and communicate their needs during the delivery of projects & services
- Acting as the voice of the customer to capture the client’s expectations & preferences
- Leading teams of functional consultants, software developers, and project managers to develop user stories, backlogs, sprints, scope, and deliverables on client projects. Monitoring project budgets, forecasting, planning, and invoicing while effectively collaborating with stakeholders and teams.
- Managing a portfolio of 25+ projects, business agreements and service level agreements (SLA) using Agile and Waterfall project management approaches for Microsoft Dynamics 365 Customer Engagement (CRM) and Microsoft Power Platform (Power Apps, Power Automate, Power BI) solutions.
- Driving quality and accuracy of all project deliverables and documentation, including implementation, specifications, status reports, timesheets, and invoices
- Assisting with account management responsibilities & accelerating growth by actively contributing to identifying and nurturing pre-sales opportunities
Senior Information Technology Project Manager at Intervate (Oct 2016 – Dec 2019, Full-time)
- Spearhead team of 30+ consultants and project managers; developed user stories, backlogs, sprints, scope, deliverables, resources, work plan; allocated and monitored budgets; and produced program reports while effectively collaborating with stakeholders and teams.
- Successfully managed multiple projects worth R500k to R10 million; used Agile project management approach for Microsoft information management solutions built on SharePoint, OneDrive, Microsoft Teams, Power Apps, Flow, Power BI, Office 365, and Azure
- Successfully coordinated and influenced the implementation of three organisational restructure programs, including a complete corporate identity refresh across all media
Business Operations Manager at Intervate (2012 – Sep 2016, Full-time)
- Increased gross margin by developing and implementing process improvements for 65+ consultants across a broad portfolio of IT projects
- Implemented Merger and Acquisition (M&A) integration by architecting and executing an operational transformation program; implemented Agile Project Management practices providing a technological and competitive edge within the market
- Implemented a migration to the cloud strategy for Intervate to fully adopt Microsoft Office 365 & Azure, resulting in operational efficiencies and use of evolving cloud technologies
- Created an environment for staff growth, development, productivity, and satisfaction