Hi and welcome!
Armed with 25+ years of experience, I am a results-oriented Delivery Lead with progressive experience in software development & digital transformation projects. I love the practical use of technology, where I enjoy combining my technical expertise with business, analytical and agile delivery skills (Scrum & Kanban).
I am a PMI Project Management Professional (PMP), PMI Agile Certified Professional (ACP), PRINCE2 & Microsoft Certified Professional. I have a proven record of delivering multi-million Rand projects with engaging team leadership, exceptional organisational skills, unshakable determination, and persistent hard work.
Driven by a strong work ethic and the zeal to achieve goals consistently in an agile hybrid environment, I have excellent interpersonal communication skills and a robust techno-functional background. Noted for my ability to “get things done” quickly, I am adept at delivering quality outputs. I thrive on leading my teams by bringing out their best creativity and demonstrating empathic teamwork and collaborative skills to set the right example.
I work alongside our clients and agile practitioners to build & run modern software applications.
At home, I’m a geeky husband who enjoys project management, personal productivity, technology, the natural world, graphic novels & video games.
- Scrum & Kanban in Software Development and Solution Implementation
- IT Project Management
- Design Thinking
- Service Delivery
- Business Operations
- Team Leadership with strong communication & teamwork skills
- Getting Things Done™ guru
- Vast Microsoft platform experience
- Delivery Lead at Equal Experts (May 2022 to present)
- Delivery Lead at Mint Group (Jan 2020 to Apr 2022)
- Senior Agile IT Project Manager, Business Operations Manager, Project Management Office (PMO) Manager, IT Project Manager and Senior Software Developer at Intervate (Apr 1999 to Dec 2019)
- Software Developer at Web Connection (1998 to Mar 1999)
Recent Professional Experience
Delivery Lead at Equal Experts (May 2022 to present, Full-time)
- Enable and facilitate teams to deliver software products to achieve the client’s business outcomes.
- Provide delivery assurance, assess the delivery status and highlight/eliminate problems that threaten to destabilise delivery.
- Facilitate teams physically and remotely, working with team members from Equal Experts, the client and other suppliers
- Work with various roles, including Technical, Business, Research and Product stakeholders, to align and enable them to achieve successful outcomes.
- Create and maintain a delivery plan (working with the broader team), and track and report on the progress against the plan.
- Build and maintain relationships with relevant stakeholders.
Delivery Lead at Mint Group (Jan 2020 to Apr 2022, Full-time)
- Managed 11+ client engagements by building solid relationships to understand and communicate their needs while delivering projects & services.
- Acted as the Product Manager “voice of the customer” to capture the client’s expectations & preferences.
- Lead agile teams of functional consultants, software developers, Scrum Masters, and project managers to develop user stories, backlogs, sprints, scope, and deliverables on client projects.
- Monitored project budgets, forecasting, planning, and invoicing while effectively collaborating with stakeholders and teams.
- Managed a portfolio of 25+ projects, business agreements and service level agreements (SLA) using Agile and Waterfall project management approaches for Microsoft Dynamics 365 Customer Engagement (CRM) and Microsoft Power Platform (Power Apps, Power Automate, Power BI) solutions.
- Drove quality and accuracy of all project deliverables and documentation, including implementation, specifications, status reports, timesheets, and invoices using the Agile, SureStep and Success by Design frameworks.
- Assisted with account management responsibilities & accelerating growth by actively contributing to identifying and nurturing pre-sales opportunities.
Senior Agile IT Project Manager at Intervate (Oct 2016 – Dec 2019, Full-time)
- Spearheaded a team of 30+ consultants, Scrum Masters, and project managers; developed user stories, backlogs, sprints, scope, deliverables, resources, work plan; allocated and monitored budgets; and produced program reports while effectively collaborating with stakeholders and teams.
- Successfully managed multiple projects worth R500k to R10 million; used Agile project management approach for Microsoft information management solutions built on SharePoint, OneDrive, Microsoft Teams, Power Apps, Flow, Power BI, Office 365, and Azure.
- Successfully coordinated and influenced the implementation of three organisational restructuring programs, including a complete corporate identity refresh across all media.
Business Operations Manager at Intervate (2012 – Sep 2016, Full-time)
- Increased gross margin by developing and implementing process improvements for 65+ consultants across a broad portfolio of IT projects.
- Implemented Merger and Acquisition (M&A) integration by architecting and executing an operational transformation program; implemented Agile Project Management practices providing a technological and competitive edge within the market.
- Implemented a migration to the cloud strategy for Intervate to fully adopt Microsoft Office 365 & Azure, resulting in operational efficiencies and evolving cloud technologies.
- Created an environment for staff growth, development, productivity, and satisfaction.
Want to know more? Let’s get in touch! Please say hello through LinkedIn, Twitter, Facebook, Instagram or Pinterest, or send me a message below.
Please enter your email address to subscribe to my blog and receive notifications of new posts by email.